Call For Artists
The Bemis Art Committee (BAC) is currently accepting submissions for the upcoming Spring Show at the Bemis Building. The invitation applies to artists who work in all mediums – 2D & 3D, local, visiting, emerging and established artists. We also welcome performance art and installation proposals. The BAC is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to creating community, building culture, and uniting talents through the promotion of art.
- New Application Deadline: Sunday March 31st. This is a one week extension. Any applications that are incomplete or missing the fee will not be juried.
- Jurying will be completed on Monday, April 1st.
- Accepted artists will be notified on Wednesday, April 3rd.
- Artists Meeting Will be held on Tuesday, April 9th at 7:30pm loft #305.
- Hanging Dates Will be Monday, April 15th through Wednesday, April 17th
- Lighting will be performed on Thursday, April 18th
- Spring Art Show: Saturday April 20th, and Sunday April 21st, Noon ’till 8pm.
The Bemis building’s top 2 floors are artist live/work studio lofts and create a unique venue in Seattle for producing art shows because of the expansive size of its hallways and the eclectic studios spaces of its resident artists. The footprint of 30,000 sq ft per floor allows for 10ft wide hallways and 18ft high ceilings creating a great exhibiting space. The vision for the building’s renovation in 1996 was to create spaces where artists could live and work, and create exhibiting spaces large enough to foster the development of an art community independent of the surrounding area – back then the Bemis was outside the mainstream gallery area. Photographs of prior shows: http://www.facebook.com/bemisart?sk=photos
$10 Application fee. Artists who are selected will be responsible for a $30 Marketing fee. The fee is pooled with guest and resident artist’s fees to print postcards and posters and secure ad space. All payments are collected through PayPal(see form below).
The artist keeps 100% of the proceeds from sale of their work. The artist is responsible for handling all sales transactions during the show including sales tax. All artwork must remain installed until 6:00pm at the close of the show.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the application process or to follow up on your submitted application.
Note: If you are experiencing issues with this form, please email your information and work samples to email@example.com and make a $10 payment via PayPal to Bemisartcommittee@gmail.com. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Thanks to all who submitted. The call is closed.